Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Dolls and Dance

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I love all the recent dance items for AG dolls. It's been fun reading your comments on the different costumes etc. I'd love for a couple of my dolls to focus on dance, of course Marisol is the expert. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    That being the case, what kinds of dance are there and what costumes are the "standard" outfit for each?

    You all educated me about jazz and classical ballet. I know a little about Irish dance. Are there other styles of dance for which AG has costumes now or in the past?
    Irish Dance - the current Irish Dance Outfit
    Jazz - Marisol's Jazz Outfit
    Classical Ballet - the discontinued Swan Lake Ballet outfit
    Tap Dance - Marisol's Tap Outfit

    Any other dance styles that AG should do?
    Any websites with descriptions of the dance? I like the current African Dance Outfit but really don't know what that kind of dance actually is. I'd love to find out more. Any websites that describe or show dance would be helpful and interesting. Thanks!

    Julia

  2. #2
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The new Flapper costume with would make a good Tap costume as well. Tap was popular in the 20s.

    Of course, there if the AGP Jitterbug outfit for swing and jitterbug dancing.

    I'd say the African dance outfit would be either modern dance ((Think about the costumes for the Lion King musical)), or similar to Kaya's Jingle Dress and new Pow-Pow Dress, an ethnic dance routine.

  3. #3
    Dancingfewl423
    Guest Dancingfewl423's Avatar

    Post

    There are lots of kinds of dance, and one I think AG hasn't explored is Lyrical.

    Lyrical dance is a mixture of jazz and ballet (more jazz - it's like a beautiful jazz dance that encourporates lots of moves), and I think it'd be great if that had a floaty, ice-skater like costume for a Lyrical dancer! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    *Marisol_Grace_Girl*
    Guest *Marisol_Grace_Girl*'s Avatar

    Post

    Scottish Highland!!!
    That's what they need!

  5. #5
    *Marisol_Grace_Girl*
    Guest *Marisol_Grace_Girl*'s Avatar

    Post

    Hip Hop!!!
    Folklorico!!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member aero_AGdoll_lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2005
    Posts
    231
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with Chrysa1is, the flapper outfit would make a WONDERFULE tap outfit. My friend used to take tap and ballet, For one of her dance recitals, she had to wear a flapper outfit almost exactly like it!! (onely it was blue, not silver) She has every single historical doll ever made and HUNDREDS of doll outfits. She also has Lindsey and about 9 other AGOT dolls! I hope she gets the flapper costume cause it would go SO well with her own dance outfit! lol!


    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Anna [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kaya has all three styles of pow-wow dancing. Pow-wow dancing is a pan-Indian movement, meaning it draws from many different tribal traditions as a way of promoting tribal unity. The dresses of today that Kaya wears, with varying embellishments, are used by Native girls nation (and Canada!) wide.

    So...
    Fancy Shawl
    Jingle Dress
    Traditional (That's the "pow wow outfit of today," even though all three are for pow wows)

  8. #8
    *Marisol_Grace_Girl*
    Guest *Marisol_Grace_Girl*'s Avatar

    Post

    Hula would be a fun one, too!!
    Especially for that hawaiin doll every one wants!

  9. #9
    *Marisol_Grace_Girl*
    Guest *Marisol_Grace_Girl*'s Avatar

    Post

    Ballroom!
    (oh wait, felicity's got that one covered!)
    BellyDancing!
    (oh wait, that's inappropriate [img]redface.gif[/img] )

    I'm still 2 thumbs up for highland!


    OH YES<<<>>>> What about a holland costume w/ little wooden shoes? Reminds me of that one shirley temple movie.... (=

  10. #10
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img] HEY!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    This is AA prasnlrd. You know I'm going to throw inn Addy and the African Dance outfit! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Hee-Haw!!!!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 17, 2005 08:48 PM: Message edited by: prasnlrd ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •